COER: Modesty in Creativity
College of Engineering Roorkee (COER) is located at Roorkee. The town of Roorkee, located on the national highway (NH-58) about 180 km north of Delhi, the capital of india, is known as the gateway to the Himalayan Ranges. Roorkee is well connected by rail and road from Delhi. There is frequent bus service to Roorkee from Delhi. Rail connections to Roorkee is on Howrah-Amritsar and Delhi-Dehradun Railway Lines. The COER campus, situated on NH-58, just 7 km from Roorkee offers an enchanting site with 75 acres of lush green pollution free environment. Affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU), Dehradun and recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), the campus provides an enchanting site on the busy highway that catches the eye of every passerby.
The COER campus is meticulously constructed. The infrastructure and the academicians are providing the best of inputs for education and extra curricular activities. The campus perfectly build up with various sections including fully fascilated class-rooms, Laboratories, Computer Centre, Library, Hostels, Auditorium, and Student Centre as well as Sports Complex.
The COER Logo
* The COER Logo expresses the philosophy and essence of engineering for progress and prosperity transforming the natural resources for the benefit of mankind.
* The circle symbolizes the universe and the inscribed waves of knowledge are accumulated by the antenna as the radiating center.
* The transmission tower symbolizes the communication tool for the learning process.
* The computer represents the pace and capability to attain new horizons of progress through simplification
* The gear wheel, the well-acclaimed symbol of engineering, represents the continuous thinking process for development.